Sunday, October 18, 2015

Feels like Fall

Well, it finally feels a little bit like fall around here.  We have had the windows open, went to Fall Fest yesterday & made pumpkin bread today.  I love fall - everything about it; crisp cool mornings, having the windows open & hearing the wind chimes blowing, the festivals, decorations & this time of year makes me think of family.

Growing up, we had so many traditions during the holidays (Thanksgiving & Christmas) - most involved family & food.  I'm sure this is true for most people, but it is something I guess I took for granted most of my life.  It seems when we were kids the adults took family time more seriously, all holidays were spent with all extended family together at some point, kids running around and getting to see aunts, uncles, cousins in addition to immediate family members.  It saddens me because the family that is left doesn't seem interested in getting together with everyone; only their immediate family & only if it doesn't inconvenience them in some way.

My grandmother always cooked & always insisted anyone who came to our house never left hungry.  There were always certain foods associated with each holiday, too.  So this time of year also makes me miss her & feel nostalgic for the past.

Please cherish your family & make memories with them while you can.  Enjoy the people and moments that holidays bring.  One of the reasons why I scrapbook is to remember all of those times.

Until next time,
Machelle

No comments:

Post a Comment