Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Two of Us


Since I have been documenting about our pets here on this blog, I thought I should probably write about the actual humans in the household.  I have a tendency to scrapbook about our families and activities but find it hard to journal about me or my story.  The picture above was taken at the Alamo Cafe in San Antonio on our 16th wedding anniversary.  It is one of our favorite places to eat when we are there. 

Scott is originally from San Antonio & his mother and one of his brothers still live there.  His dad was in the Air Force as a pistolsmith, and, unlike most military families who move a lot, Lackland was the only place he was stationed due to his job.  He passed away from leukemia when Scott was about 12 years old.  After his mother remarried, they moved to Virginia for Scott's Jr. High & High School years but kept their house in San Antonio & the day after he graduated he moved back home.  He later moved to Hurst, which is where he was living when we met.

I was born in Fort Worth and raised by my paternal grandmother.  We moved to Meridian when I was 9 years old.  I got married a year after graduating high school, was married for 10 years and then divorced.  I continued to live in Meridian during that time and worked at a local office here in town.  My supervisor at that time was a lady whose husband worked with Scott & they set us up on a blind date.  It was pretty much love at first sight and we have been together ever since.

The old saying "Opposites attract" is true in our case.  We both agree on ending up at a certain point but will go in opposite directions to get there.  Sometimes it is amusing and sometimes it is extremely frustrating for us both.  But somehow we manage to make it work & life is never boring!  Well, I guess that is all for now & I will try another story soon.

Thanks for stopping by,
Machelle

No comments:

Post a Comment